Moving from PSI by EFI to Enterprise

MacTwidget

After 8 years of using PSI as our MIS system, we are moving to Enterprise.
From what I've seen so far with Enterprise, it looks decent enough.
We will be having several WebEx training sessions over the next several weeks.

Will anyone with experience with both systems please comment about this transition?
What you like about Enterprise. What you don't like about Enterprise.
What Enterprise does better than PSI. What PSI does better than Enterprise.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Mac,
I will jump in and give you my thoughts. I first setup PSI for my last employer in 1996. Worked with it until I left in 2002. My new employer was a Enterprise shop so have worked with that until just recently.

Enterprise is a great system. Very solid and tends to be bug free. Not like PSI.
Setup and structure is very similar to PSI so the learning curve will be low.

Things Enterprise does that PSI doesn't - ok, working from memory here but here goes.
- Estimate up to 6 quantities or change to price grid for unlimited quantities.
- Cost based or price list (per/m) in almost any operation. Can be set up to do estimate, job costing or both.
- Custom price lists by customer by operation. (Must have that operation setup to do per/m)
- Digital press estimating is one of the best I've seen.
- Handles digital, wideformat, sheetfed, web and flexo estimating.
- Great support

What I don't like about Enterprise?
- It is a computer assisted estimating system. there isn't "best press optimization". In other words, I can only estimate one press and imposition at a time. If you want to see a break point between digital and sheetfed it will be two separate quotes. Not a deal breaker by any means and it is easy to copy or revise and change over but, in my perfect world, that would be the next step for Enterprise.

What PSI does better? Not much.

HTH
Greg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back