Nearing the Edge

What do you do when the most inept person in the whole shop is the owner/VP of the company?

Every little thing is a boondoggle. Let's just say technologically challenged.

Mommy.... help

The best way to get educated on dealing with this situation . . . intensive session of reading. Suggested topic: Dilbert.
Good luck.

The best way to get educated on dealing with this situation . . . intensive session of reading. Suggested topic: Dilbert.
Good luck.

I would also suggest rummaging around RE:print on print planet here: RE: Print - PrintPlanet.com

Here's a sample:
Accountability.jpg

best, gordo

Ineptness

Ineptness

I worked as a manager of a pre-press house, outputting film for printers and also producing some digital printing, when my boss decided to become a printer, that film was going the way of the dinosaur.

The minute he became a printshop owner, he turned into the most horrible man I'd ever met. Suddenly, prepress should only take two hours a day, I was the dumbest human being on the planet, and all employees received memos almost weekly telling them how stupid we are (no, no face-to-face) - all this after he'd been such a lovely man.

I now work in an in-house copy center environment where my boss admits that she knows nothing and counts on me to make us look good by getting new equipment, keeping up on the latest and greatest and keeping our in-house customers happy - piece of cake.

I came close to ODing at the previous place, so this is a very, very nice improvement.

Cathie

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back