Need a compatible receipt printer for Quick Check 800 barcode verifier

prepress labels

Hello!

Our old NCI dot matrix receipt printer (model 1250b) finally stopped working, and now we're unable to print receipts directly from our QC800 barcode verifier. I've looked around on eBay & other sites, and also contacted local printer suppliers, and I can't get anything new at a reasonable price to replace it. Also concerned about compatibility since this is an old dot matrix printer with a 25-pin serial port input (the cord from the QC800 to the printer actually only has five of the 25 pins).

Question: If anyone is still using the QC800, do you still print receipts, and what model printer are you using? I just need to know what to buy that works.

I could probably get something new for <$200.00, but I want to make sure it's compatible (we'd been down this road before with a newer thermal Epson receipt printer, and no amount of adapters could make it work with the QC800).

Also--I wasn't sure what category this might fit into in the forum.

Any help or info at all is much appreciated, and let me know if more info is needed from me--thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back