Need a Indesign PPD to work with windows XP, to rip in agfa accuset 1000

I have a Accuset 1000 plus which the rip is apogee and it runs by G4 Mac.
I usually make my post scrip file from indesign in pc with windows xp, and move the postscript file to mac by a flash drive and it was working for a long time.
but unfortunately My PC computer with widows Xp, has crashed and I had to re install the windows again, now I don't have the ppd any moor, when I installed the adobe ppd, that I got on adbi site, is not giving me the 2400 dpi and 150 line resolution, any moor even when I select it still out put film as a 1200 dpi, I think I don't have a right ppd, can anybody help me to get the right ppd for window xp.

Thanks for the reply,
how do I install it and would it work with indesign and windows xp?
the ppd that I have installed is outputting lower resolutions ( 1200 dpi ).

Everything described in RIP Manual (see installer CD).
PPDs generated by AGFASET gives you full ability to manage lots of params, including resolution/LPI combinations of AGFA Balanced Screening.

Just remember: RIP settings override Imagesetter params and settings.
(in case of Accuset connected to RIP - 1200 dpi is default param).
In your case you have to:
start AgfaSet,
generate EDF files,
choose correct EDF, change params you want and
mark checkbox SAVE AS DEFAULT!

That's the easiest way to manage RIP+Accuset combination than PPD usage.

Just remember: RIP settings override Imagesetter params and settings.
(in case of Accuset connected to RIP - 1200 dpi is default param).
In your case you have to:
start AgfaSet,
generate EDF files,
choose correct EDF, change params you want and
mark checkbox SAVE AS DEFAULT!

That's the easiest way to manage RIP+Accuset combination than PPD usage.

Thanks, I find some ppd's but I don't know how to install ppd in my PC,
I need to make a post script files to output film.

InDesign has a fine PostScript writer built into the application.
Just "print" and select "PostScript" as the printer and "Device Independent" as the ppd.
(or you could pick the Adobe pdf ppd)

MSD

InDesign has a fine PostScript writer built into the application.
Just "print" and select "PostScript" as the printer and "Device Independent" as the ppd.
(or you could pick the Adobe pdf ppd)

MSD

I have already try that but my postcripts become 1200 dpi when it gets to agfa accuset 1000

Xp ppd

Xp ppd

We use an Agfa 1000 imagesetter on a PC running XPSP2. The driver is created is created using the Adobe PS Driver software & the connection using PCMaclan (XPSP3 doesn't work for us, it must be SP2). It all works fine apart from the fact that everything is very old. If you need a PPD for the driver give me your email & I'll send it over

Mick

hello, good afternoon, greetings, I am new to the forum, I would like to know how I can find the software to rip the apogee pdf rip, I have an agfa accuset 800, thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back