Need a RAW file for some Screen Testing

Sherbert

Hey guys,

I am in need of a high res RAW file, don't really care what of but the quality is what we need.

Will be doing some tests at about 230lpi.

You'll have my eternal gratitude!

Kind Regards,

Sherbs

I tried some high res images, and wasn't really happy with them.

I am not a photographer, but heard that the RAW files are what the lens captured. So I thought that would be the best bet.

Why do I sound crazy? :)

I tried some high res images, and wasn't really happy with them.
I am not a photographer, but heard that the RAW files are what the lens captured. So I thought that would be the best bet.
Why do I sound crazy? :)

You don't sound crazy. You are crazy. (sorry, couldn't resist :))

Raw image files are basically like color negative film. The image is in a state of potential and it's up to the person who processes the negative/RAW image that determines the final image result.

For example, the top image here is the original RAW image file straight out of the camera:

Example2.jpg

The bottom image is the processed version - the one I would supply to a publisher. It represents how I saw the scene, how I interpreted the RAW file.

So, a RAW file is great for someone who knows how to extract the potential and deliver an excellent quality image. If the person is incompetent then the result will be poor. In that sense there is no difference beteen a RAW image file and a TIFF or JPG image - it is the person who processes the image that determines what can be achieved from the potential delivered by the camera.

best, gordon p

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back