Need Help.. edited ICC in Monaco doesn't change

dub

I have a ICC profile that was supplied by a client that was used to output proofs that I am trying to match to. I am successful in embedding the profile into the images and AI file and coming out with a nice proof. However I need to pull just a bit of yellow out of the profile for a perfect match. I have tried editing it in Monaco using the Inverse table editing, adjusting the curves to the profile and saving a new one. However when I apply it to the images and soft proof it, I don't see a change at all. Also I have re-proofed with no change either.

I noticed that I can't edit by selective color on this profile either, the option box is grayed out. Does that mean that I can't edit this profile based upon how it was created?

So does anyone have any tips on what I am missing or doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any info.

-Dub

You may have an .icc that can't be edited with Monaco. I have come across this problem myself when editing an iso .icc as it was created by gretag and editing locked off.

So you either find what program created it and use that to edit or create a new .icc using Monaco Profiler.

This is how I understand it working.

Thanks for the heads up, I did some research and came across the same thing with some other profiles. I was however able to edit the profile in Colorshop X and it did honor the changes and allow me to save a new profile.

where are you pulling the yellow out from? If it is shadow end then you will probably not see any difference if your top density is not moved down as well, yellow is hard to tell from 80-100%.

Make sure that in monaco you are editing the correct rendering intent. I've been bit by that more than once. I can't remember what it defaults to but lets say you are using Relative Colormetric, Make sure that what you are editing in Monaco.
Hope This helps.

Thanks for everyones suggestions. I had to pull a bit of yellow out from the Midtones. I did chose Relative colormetric in Colorshop X but I didn't even look in Monaco. I will go back when I get some time and give it a shot with Relative in Monaco.

thanks again!!

Dan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back