Need help for Dolev 800V

leo

Hi everybody, we use Dolev 800V with Glunz Jensen Multiline 950 and Xitron Navigator RIP v7.0 r2 on PC. Recently, we are facing some problem when do out-put. When printing image with length more than 1 meter, there are many small thin line (black line, stripe and can see by eye) appear into image and it occur in wrap side of drum.

Before, our engineer tried to clean the Electronic Crate by cleaning and washing, but we make all dry before re-install the CPU ( Controller Crate). Now, the problem occurs as above description whenever we print file lengthen than 1 meter. Anybody know or be experienced, please give me some information, reference and advice to fix.

Thanks and much appreciate and grateful!

Leo

Hi Leo,
First try and clean the V block ( that the dynamic optics travel on) and apply some silicon oil onto it.
Does the coruption start always in the same area? Do the lines apear in the drum direction? What is your front end? How is the Dolev connected to the RIP?
The worst case scenario could be the Dynamic cable which will need an engineer to replace it.
Good luck.

Hi Patch,

Thanks for information. These black stripe occur in many different position and drum direction. We check the RIP is ok. May error comes from processor and convoyer?
Regards,
Leo

Hi Leo,
I do not think that is your processor. You can try and load a max piece of film and unload it without exposing it and see the result.
What type of connection you have between the Dolev and the RIP?
How old this Dolev800 and how long and where you source it from?
Unfortunately to me it looks like the Dynamic cable that is connected to the Dynamic optics is breaking down.

Hi Leo
sourse of black hairlines can be:
1) Scratches form any part of equipment.

Can you expose the film to supply cassette, remove film manually in dark room, rotate it on 90 degree, cut it manually (should be less than 950 mm :) and put in your ML950? Are scratches still in wrap side of drum?

2) Static discharge
Which relative humidity is at room? 50-60 percents? If less can be static discharge black hairlines.
And... also to problem with static discharge please see:

Grounding requires the following:
• Grounding wires that are insulated and at least equal in size to the
phase conductors.
• Ground impedance less than 2 ohms. Is it OK?
• A single point and dedicated ground.
• Power stabilizer equipment that is supplied by three (3) uninterrupted
phase wires, and one uninterrupted copper ground wire, from the
main building entry service panel. These should run in the same
conduit and be at least equal in size to the phase wires.
• Neutral and ground are bonded together in the main building entry
service panel, and a good earth ground at this point of not more than 2
Ohms impedance.
• Each system load (Imagesetter, Host, etc.) is fed through an isolated
ground outlet and has a separate ground, as well as neutral and phase
line of equal size wire.
• All ground wires from isolated ground outlets are kept isolated from
building ground and terminated only at the ground bus of the power
stabilizer.
• Other equipment, not on the power stabilizer but communicating with
the imagesetter, must have a reference ground wire installed between
the power stabilizer ground bus and that piece of equipment.

Also can you try expose film from other vendor?

Or No3. What about your Media (film) Qualification for Dolev800?

Thanks vion, we tried to check in any part of equipment but no damage or rub, processing by handle offline still give same trouble.

The electro-static and humidity is fine, we also run another D800V in this room but no any same trouble and the another D800V is ok.

I posted because I do not really what's causing or which damage spare part need replacing... Dynamic optic, Static optic or any cable...?

Thanks
Leo

Thanks vion, we tried to check in any part of equipment but no damage or rub, processing by handle offline still give same trouble.

The electro-static and humidity is fine, we also run another D800V in this room but no any same trouble and the another D800V is ok.

I posted because I do not really what's causing or which damage spare part need replacing... Dynamic optic, Static optic or any cable...?

Thanks
Leo

Leo,

As I said before, I am afraid it looks to me that the Dynamic cable to the Dynamic optics is breaking down, giving you these intermitent lines on film.!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back