Need help with PDF out of Nexus Processor (original art contains DCS2 image

Patcbx

I have a customer who supplies art that includes a DCS2 file for the background image. I need to send them a PDF back for initial approval, but the PDF out of Nexus Processor (Nexus version 8.6 rev2) does not play well with older versions of Acrobat Reader (and appears incorrectly in Apple Mail). Any suggestions on getting a good PDF that is 1.4-compliant?

Pat
Color-Box

Re: Need help with PDF out of Nexus Processor (original art contains DCS2 i

Did you try to save in as a 1.3 pdf. Caurse DCS is an old format and has notthing to do with flattening.
What kind of art did you get, Illustrator? Or somthing els. If you can edit the file you could change the DCS to a native psd file or make a tif, and than try to make a pdf.

Greets

Re: Need help with PDF out of Nexus Processor (original art contains DCS2 image

We sometimes get the same problem. We then just resave the pdf in Acrobat. And if necessary save it as an 1.4 also. Mostly the resave is enough.

why not send them a rasterized pdf from the rip. will always view correctly and quite small in size, perfect for email.....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back