Need Help with Variable project

DigiRod

hello all. Hoping someone cam help me. Doing a variable coupon booklet using Fusion Pro Direct and printing on a Kodak Nexpress M700. I have a cover page printed 1 sided, then 4 coupons with variable number in top left corner, all 1 sided and then the back cover which is printed so copy is on outside back. I'm trying to configure this so it's printed and collated off the M700. The job is printing 6 up on our sheet and the stock is the same for all pages. Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help. I've also attched a PDF for reference

Attachments

• 18875_couponBooklet.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 191
How are you putting these together? We print coupon books double sided double-wide and then put them together saddle stiched. Do the coupon books all go from 1-4 or do they continue sequentially? Are you just looking for some help to get them to coalate, or are you looking for suggestions on how to run the job as a whole?

They continue sequentially and staple on the left with a perf so they can tear out. I have three different books with 4, 10 or 20 coupons.

How do you feel about dynamically swapping out the background for Cover/Inside/Back? If you want to be printing this "cut and stack" then you might need to do this if your coupon books are going to be changing coupon quantity.

If you are running all your 4s, 10s, 20s seperately, you could print Backs and Covers seperately, then have your machine pull them in as two slip sheets every 4/10/20 sheets.

The most dynamic way to do it would be to have the backgrounds swap out. I would create a database and write a formula to determine if the current record should be a number, a cover, or a back. I have attached an excel sheet with a formula to show you how it is possible. You can just drag it down for however many records you need.

Then you would need to use fusion pro to swap out the background based on the value of "Coupon ID".

Have a look and let me know if you have any questions, or what method you decide to go with.

Cheers
JG

Attachments

• CouponNumberingExample.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 183

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back