Nesting 2 page variable letters

mdlivels

I've got a situation with some ongoing jobs that require reconciled variable data that laser imprints on preprinted letterhead and 2nd sheet blanks (both are pre-printed) that requires that the final product be folded, nested letters (both imprint 1/0 laser). We're currently running these on oversized sheets and printing 1/1, folding and slitting to yield the required nested letters to insert. My issue is that the folding and slitting has to ocurr after lasering because I can't simply set tray calls within a VD document to alternate (pull odd pages from tray1, and even from tray2). What I'd like to be able to do is cut the LH and 2nd sheets down to final size and load them in separate trays, run the VD and fold them together all inline. I can fold two sheets as described together, the issue is setting all of the tray calls. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's very cumbersome and time consuming the way we're currently doing it...We're using a Konica/Minolta C6500 with PrintStation Manager to process the files.

we are currently using fusionPro for the variable data and sending to a Command Workstation for the C6500 machine.

You might need to change your VDP software to something else.

I've also done it with Xerox VIPP and Xerox printers in the past.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back