New Fuji Plates

P

pmkprog

We have just started to get in the new Fuji Pro-T plates. They aren't lasting more than 20k.
We're using the same process and chemistry and Fuji told us that nothing should change.
I'm looking for any answers or if anyone else has seen this.

What is happening is that the dot seems to go away. Hydroimage helps a couple of times, but the dots still wear away.

Pro-T plate life

Pro-T plate life

Pro-T is a negative working plate, which means that the exposed areas are the printing image areas.
If dot's are not holding, then in the first instance I would check your CTP device, that you are getting enough energy to the plate. What CTP device are you using?
regards,
Barry

The Javelin. We haven't had any problems until we got this latest batch of plates. The other issue that will make this hard to track is the fact that most of our print runs are smaller. We only get a few jobs that will go past that 20k point.

Pro T Plates

Pro T Plates

We experianced problems with the plates toning up but never with the image fading. Occasionally if the our pressmen took a break during a long run they would have to wipe the plates down before running again to avoid toning issues. Our problems were traced to a particular batch of plates and our vendor replaced them and the problems went away. Check the batch number on the plates you have in stock and use another batch if possible, if the problem goes away thats most likely the issue, if you still have problems then have your vendor bring alternate batch and try that out. If that does not solve this issue then check your CTP.

We have been using the Fuji Pro-T Digital Thermal (Processorless) plates for a while now. We have a Screen Platerite 8100 Imagesetter and the only problems we have had with our plates is after developing them up on press, we have spots in the non-image areas. We just wipe the plates down with Alcohol sub and water and the spots are gone.
We have had trouble with certain lot #'s of Fuji plates. If the lot # on the box is 0509.. or lower, we had all kinds of problems. So when we receive new plates in we make sure the lot # is 0511.. or higher.
Check the lot # on the box and maybe that is your problem. Otherwise I would check the intensity of your imagesetter. The Fuji I know burn at a higher intensity than Kodak, we used to use Kodak plates.
Bobh

Our biggest problem is the run length. We're only getting between 20k and 34k impressions on the new stuff. Fuji came in and looked at the presses and had us change some solution and said that should do it. After they left the problem came back. We're shooting for the Azura plates from Agfa.

Is anyone using the new EcoMaxx-T Fuji process-less plates? Or are these the same as the Pro-T ones. Just curious about anyone using them. We just had a sales rep in. We will be going process-less, but don't know which ones are the best fit for us.:rolleyes:

My understanding is that the EcoMaxx-T plates are what was going to be called Pro-T II plates, for some reason or the other Fuji decided to rename them.

We are using the ProT without any problems.
But, we were told to make sure the batch number was higher than 0514

pmkprog, we got in some Pro-T II's to test and experienced the same problem you are describing.
On long runs the image fades away. We also did not notice this unitl we had a large print run.
Your situation sounds very familiar...

We have so far tried two different fixes to the problem.
1 - We have changed to the fountain solution fuji reccomends for Pro-T plates as we were not already using this, and
2 - We increased the laser intensity on our processor.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to judge if these have helped or corrected the problem as we have run out of the Fuji Pro-T II test plates...

I'd be interested to know if you try any of these solutions and if they work?

Amanda.

We are having Fuji Tech Reps coming in on Tuesday, We have been using Pro-T (ecomaxx now) for about 3 years we were a beta customer in 06'. At first we did have some development issues on the press but a quick wipe down of the plate with 50/50 water alcohol sub solved the problem. However as of recently we have been getting some really aberrant results. plates falling to develop on the lead edge, significantly on the front right edge. No problems on first job of the day, fresh ink train, fresh water. We use the recommended fountain chemistry from Fuji. Per some advice we pulled all the ink forms and distributer rollers out of the press and gave them a really good scrubbing, regained good tack and velvet feel. Thought we had it licked but alas problem came back.

We have put new water form and metering rollers in 3 months old (factory ink forms are 16 months -6m impressions). We have polished and gummed dampening system, we have decalcified water system, we have removed and cleaned water trays, we have adjusted nips throughout the ink train and water system. We have monitored PH and conductivity. We have increased pre-dampening and decreased pre-dampening. The same for pre-inking. No obvious culprit.

I believe that Fuji will solve it, they are sending their big guns in, I will share what the fix is and what I learn. I am relatively new to this business 6 years and had to learned printing kinda on my own so lots of trial and error. But despite the problems we are able to produce a fantastic product, consistent 15-17% gain across CMYK and a very good gray balance. Once we solve the development problem we will do a formal implementation of Gracol 7 (informal right now).

I do believe Fuji will solve it, smart fellows and my sales rep has always solved the problem.

I will follow up after their visit.

Work Flow - Rampage - Screen Platerite 4300 - Ecomaxx - Ryobi 524 GX - Supreme Bio Ink

Ecomaxx Plate Status

Ecomaxx Plate Status

Well well, I am somewhat amazed but we have the ecomaxx plates running like a dream.

We started with rollers settings, fountain solutions, blanket packing so positive results. Finally we just ran the waters up, I mean way up. We usually tried to run at 30% or so we ran them up to 75% and more. Two things happened. The plates developed up perfectly and our gain actually dropped! I know it sounds incredible but the ecomaxx plates are water hounds, the more you run the better they run. We have our tonal curves set to 45% on the platesetter for a 50% dot. We are getting a 67% dot with waters cranked. Ink structure is great. Trapping is great. Finished pieces look great.

I really can't believe how much water these plates like but crank it up. We never once experience ink emulsification or washout. Just nice gray balance, and fantastic dots. 20 sets of plates in 14hrs. 6 predamps 6 preinks let're rip.

Go Figure? I would not believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. I would recommend this plate to anyone.

Long runs

Long runs

We too have been having trouble with the plates fading after about 20,000. Did you ever find out what the problem was??

Thanks
Ad

Ecomaxx-T

Ecomaxx-T

We are currently trying to get these plates going and are experiencing a similar but different problem. On the cyan plate only we get blinding of the highlight dots up to at least 25% if we stop the press for anything, only the cyan? We've tried calcium washes, different cleaning strategies, different cyan ink but no luck yet. Fuji will be in next week to work with us, wanting us to try a different fountain solution. Seems to only happen if they stop and start back up, doesn't matter if they've only ran 2,000 or 10,000 impressions. Yesterday when it happened they cleaned it with everything, scratch remover, cleaner, rinsed each time, gummed, buffed it down and then it printed okay again and ran the rest of the day. No problem whatsoever with the other 5 plates on same runs KMY and 2 spots.

Just thought I'd ask in case someone has had similar issues or problems.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back