New guy--static problems

r77r7r

Good morning, I have a x-7345 and been having a devil of a time with getting a straight feed, especially from tray 5, and mostly I ' ve been having recent issues with static. We use Futura brand [ customer selection], and I've been fanning it out to no avail.Rollers are clean. Can i use Static Guard spray?
Any help would be appreciated, Ty.........Bob

the Xerox WorkCentre 7345 is an office color machine; what kind of paper (weights) are you using?

Good morning, I have a x-7345 and been having a devil of a time with getting a straight feed, especially from tray 5, and mostly I ' ve been having recent issues with static. We use Futura brand [ customer selection], and I've been fanning it out to no avail.Rollers are clean. Can i use Static Guard spray?
Any help would be appreciated, Ty.........Bob

Usually the root of static problems is down to humidity.

Are you storing the paper in a controlled environment?
You can use static guard very lightly to help. Do NOT spray it on the actual printing area of your sheet, but rather on the "pile".
Fanning can help in some cases, but if the static is based in humidity it will be little/temporary fix.

Recent troubles indicates that since the onset of "spring" that the general atmosphere in your shape has aslo changed.

Try getting either a dehumidifyer or a humdifyer to get the levels consistent.

Fluxuations are the WORSE for causing static.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back