Trimmer

I want your opinion about buying new harlequin rip
i have heidelberg linotype hell imagesetter with speedway interface
i want somebody to tell me what type of rip do i need and tell me about the
prices.
i'm located in Kosovo,near macedonia or albania so if somebody has any
used rip to sell please contact me:[email protected]
or phone:+38644683185

Ordering new Harlequin RIP for your Linotype Hell imagesetter you will get CD, dongle and interface PCI board with speedway connector. Microcontroller on the board will be pre-programmed to support speedway protocol as well.

Do not buy any HQ Rip, problems with V7 for 3 years, just upgraded to V8 with more problems. Stay away from HQ & Polkadots workflow too!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

I will go for a New Harlequin RIP

I will go for a New Harlequin RIP

Hi,

Of course I will upgrade your RIP. The Rip is the brain of your system. Whatever was happen with this folk on his installation, Harlequin Compose ExpressRIP 8.1r2 is your best choice. Frist ExpressRIP v8 is PDF Native so is 10 times more faster because no need to flat the PDF before ripping (create a PS). Then use multiprocessor, so you can install a i7 on a new computer and is really faster with W7 x64. If you already have a HQ RIP V6 Or 7 with the PCI Card you can use it as spooler and send to the old RIP 1 bit tif so you can use one RIP for Ripping and the old one for Printing in your Lino.

If your rip is oldest you can buy a new PCI Card with cable from us too.

You can connect us for a quote or you can go to: COMPOSE SYSTEM LIMITED
www.compose.co.uk from our Europe Office.

Regards

Lucas

Hq ok

Hq ok

We have been using a Compose Harlequin RIP for many years with few problems. Back in the days of version 7 we had some problems with PDFs that contain transparency. I found the only way to reliably RIP transparency jobs is to have all "Override overprint" settings turned off in the "Color setup manager". With the latest version 8.1r2 I have no known issues with my workflow (composite PDF). The Harlequin RIP works fine with any PDF version, as long as the fonts are embedded it will RIP most anything. I can't say Harlequin is the best RIP on the market, it's all I've ever known. Compose support is excellent. My two cents.

harlequin is a reliable but very slow rip with transparency because it is not a true adobe PDf engine, a file that takes 2 minutes on a PDf engine can take 3 hours on a harlequin, beause it is a JAWS intepretation, if you have time on your hands it will serve you fine, I personally hope I never have to use harlequin RIPS again, I never figured out why they never upgraded there GUI, it is like sleeping on nails. I have used the compose workflow and would not recommend it, only go with an APPE workflow, the best value is XMF from Fujifilm.

Last edited:
harlequin is a reliable but very slow rip with transparency because it is not a true adobe PDf engine, a file that takes 2 minutes on a PDf engine can take 3 hours on a harlequin, beause it is a JAWS intepretation, if you have time on your hands it will serve you fine, I personally hope I never have to use harlequin RIPS again, I never figured out why they never upgraded there GUI, it is like sleeping on nails. I have used the compose workflow and would not recommend it, only go with an APPE workflow, the best value is XMF from Fujifilm.

I can't disagree with you more. The Harlequin RIP was the first to natively interpret live transparency. It's a high quality, fast RIP. If you're having performance issues then it probably has to do with hardware or misconfiguration of the RIP itself. I strongly urge you to contact Compose to have them help you figure out what is causing the slow down. I had a demo RIP that ran on 6 year old hardware (2.8GHz Xeon) and it is very fast at RIPping the old Altona test suites, the GWG suites and most everything else I could throw at it. I have never seen any job, and I've been doing this for a while, that takes 3 hours on a HQ RIP. There is something very wrong or your hardware is not up to the task.

I also disagree regarding the Harlequin RIP software is to blame for speed problems. I rip 8-up PDF files up to 1800 dpi and each PDF only takes seconds. I have seen a rare case with one designer, PDF files where the designer is heavy on the transparency use, might take 5 to 10 minutes each. As long as the most recent version is being used on newer hardware, there should be no speed issues.

The only thing the HQ rips were slow on was trapping in older versions. The current version is much faster.

True. Not only it eats up live transparency pdfs at blistering speeds, but the 8.1 does offer multiprocessor support. Hell of a difference.

harlequin is a reliable but very slow rip with transparency because it is not a true adobe PDf engine, a file that takes 2 minutes on a PDf engine can take 3 hours on a harlequin, beause it is a JAWS intepretation.

Huh ? It is native PDF allright. Why don't you download the latest 8.3 from RTI and install it on whatever computer you have at hand. It flies on a G4 mac mini for Christ' sake. Throw the most terrible B1 size signature you have at hand and see for yourself.

Well, this is funny :)
Can you post some details? What kind of problems do you have?

Hello Lucas,

I notice that you are from Compose System. I would like to ask if there is a way we can get a copy of Compose Express Rip v7. That the RIP software that came with the the ECRM Stingray 63QS that the company purchase a long time ago. Apparently due some unfortunate events the Original CD are gone, I was able to save the dongle and the Mac G4 where the RIP is installed, but again this are old machine and recently the G4 crash and died. Im currently asking for upgrade of the system but it seems due the economy it is not possible right now. I mean if it is only possible for us to get a copy. Thanks.

Charlie (que1775)

hi all
we have very customer that used torrent rip(high water) with herkules(Linotype imagesetter work with speed way ).
very fast and reliable and best choice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back