New Kodak Will Sell Nothing to Consumers

Old news rehashed really but I thought this was interesting and worth sharing.
Kodak to Emerge From Bankruptcy September 3 - ABC News

My sympathies to those Kodak retirees who worked in good faith and got hosed so that Kodak could have a "leaner structure and a stronger balance sheet".

From the article:

"Kodak says in a statement that it is transforming itself into a seller of digital printing services to other businesses."

"Kodak Chairman and CEO Antonio Perez said that with the ruling, the company is now poised to become a leader in the commercial imaging industry, providing professional services such as commercial printing, packaging and film for motion pictures."

I hope that's just poorly crafted wording because if not then that would put Kodak in competition with its own current customers.

The headline "New Kodak Will Sell Nothing to Consumers" is also peculiar. I wonder what the pricing of "nothing" is and would one get a discount on large orders of "nothings"?

gordo

Last edited:
Current Kodak is a terrible company. Fortunately, at least they not much destroy the products they bought from Creo and others. Our local Kodak representation is a tragedy. You can send question or ask for advice or help, after week of waiting they send you back just a price list. Btw, recently we wanted to upgrade Prinergy EVO by adding one HR renderer and they tell us that price for renderer will be over $ 12,000. Is this for real? I do not have chance to check what usual price is :(

I have big respect for Kodak as a large traditional American company with deep knowledge, but seems to me, that this is a history. And this is not just Kodak. Makes me sad.

KamilT

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back