New Presses Ordered

joshlindsay

Today we signed the paperwork for a new Colour 1000 with Gold & Silver (to replace a Colour 800 with clear) and a Versant 2100 (to replace an aged DocuColour 8000).
Versant will be installed in the next 2 weeks I hope but C1000 will be installed in Feb.

Excited to see what these machines can do!

Today we signed the paperwork for a new Colour 1000 with Gold & Silver (to replace a Colour 800 with clear) and a Versant 2100 (to replace an aged DocuColour 8000).

Excited to see what these machines can do!

Aren't you supposed to know what those machines can do before you buy them?

FL

Aren't you supposed to know what those machines can do before you buy them?

FL
Fair call.

Already having an 800 I know what to expect from 1000.
Haven't seen physical samples of gold or silver only pictures however that's such a small part of the machine, right.

Seen Versant samples and went to fancy launch event. Quite impressed with the flat print.

I guess I meant I'm looking forward to what these machines can do for my clients.
Hopefully the gold and silver will give us a point of difference to the 30-50 800/1000 installs in my city with clear.

You said you're replacing a machine with Clear with the Gold/Silver option.
Is it not interchangeable? We've been told with a 15 minute parts swap you can switch back and forth between the clear and gold/silver.

You said you're replacing a machine with Clear with the Gold/Silver option.
Is it not interchangeable? We've been told with a 15 minute parts swap you can switch back and forth between the clear and gold/silver.

We've been told it's one or the other as you'd need to bleed the lines to clear out toner (not sure of exact terms).
I hope you're right though.

Have you got that in writing? Or maybe a PDF brochure you can send me. I think Xerox in NZ have just been told about the machine so have no material yet.

Seems to me you would have to change the developer housing when changing between gold and silver.

My gut feeling was that it wasn't going to be an easy "15 minute change" (we have a cp1000 with clear) but we were told otherwise at GraphExpo.
I guess we'll see once it's finally rolled out if it was just another sales pitch :)

Last edited:
Hi Josh. First time I've ever seen a fellow 'kiwi" on print planet.

Does any one else have problems getting credits out of "Xerox"? Maybe it's different overseas but I have all ways found it a nightmare in New Zealand. Service Tech swears black and blue he has put them threw on his phone but they never come up on your invoice. This can be a big deal when your only a little business and your kit is older (higher click rate). Getting to a point when my next machine WONT be a xerox. It bugs me out of all proportion to the real $$$ it is costing me.

Sorry to get off track with the post, really just wanted to say to Josh.

My gut feeling was that it wasn't going to be an easy "15 minute change" (we have a cp1000 with clear) but we were told otherwise at GraphExpo.
I guess we'll see once it's finally rolled out if it was just another sales pitch :)

If it could be changed that'd be an amazing bonus. We've got a few customers that use Clear but not enough to justify keeping it where we'll be (albeit initially) on of a couple with gold and silver.

Hi Josh. First time I've ever seen a fellow 'kiwi" on print planet.

Does any one else have problems getting credits out of "Xerox"? Maybe it's different overseas but I have all ways found it a nightmare in New Zealand. Service Tech swears black and blue he has put them threw on his phone but they never come up on your invoice. This can be a big deal when your only a little business and your kit is older (higher click rate). Getting to a point when my next machine WONT be a xerox. It bugs me out of all proportion to the real $$$ it is costing me.

Sorry to get off track with the post, really just wanted to say to Josh.

Hey Si! Yes, nice to see another Kiwi on here.

We have no issues at all getting credits out. We had one instance where they were not applied and we contacted our rep who got the credited immediately.
Whether you're a big or small business not getting clicks back in an already ridiculously cheap market is really important.

Ahhh the days when we were getting $1.50 click sell price per SRA3 out of our 8000.

Hi Josh, given up contacting my rep. Never returns my calls. The only time I have had partial success I did not get my credits
but he brought me x2 packs of stock and this was only after repeated phone calls. I get the feeling they hate giving credits.
Next machine is going to be anything but a Xerox. By the way I've still got my DC5000 and still put threw about 10000 clicks a month threw it, not a bad old beast just a pity about the service.

Hi Josh, given up contacting my rep. Never returns my calls. The only time I have had partial success I did not get my credits
but he brought me x2 packs of stock and this was only after repeated phone calls. I get the feeling they hate giving credits.
Next machine is going to be anything but a Xerox. By the way I've still got my DC5000 and still put threw about 10000 clicks a month threw it, not a bad old beast just a pity about the service.

That's interesting. Our rep (Greg) will do anything for us. If we have a fault and techs are taking too long we'll call him to start hounding them from the inside.
Bringing stock is crap considering you already lost your stock plus clicks in the first place.

That's the reason we're replacing the 8000. Last month it probably did 20-30k clicks but parts are pretty much gone.
Can't see the oil on 100gsm offset :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back