new production copier

rbailleu

I have been think about getting an imagepress c6010 with A1200 rip. I know this is an entry level imagepress, is there another machine I should be comparing it to.

for a little less money I can actually get a rebuilt 7000vp with A3100. any reason not to consider the used machine beyond the new verse used debate. such as the rip is much better at some peticular task. or 2 million clicks and the machine is just worn out

We were considering a 7010vp recently and looked at them quite closely. According to Canon/Oce, the 7010vp (6010vp is essentially the same machine, but the 6010 only has the one fuser) has significant upgrades compared to the 7000vp, not so much in image quality, but in modifications for reliability. If I understand it correctly, the older machines needed very tight environmental control, otherwise reliability was quickly compromised. The newer machine has some "built in" environmental management, a la iGen4. That doesn't mean that you can run it without environmental control of course, just that the "zone" for reliable production is much wider. Speak to Canon to get the full skinny, but I think I remember the basics on that accurately as explained to me.

I'd also look at a new KM 6000 or 7000 or a Xerox 8080. The 8080 is really old technology and image quality is not on a par with newer machines. Having said that, I was pretty impressed with the test prints and it's probably the pinnacle of the 2060/6060/7000/8000 machine evolution and priced aggressively (for Xerox). Ricoh also are worth a look and their new machine (751EX??) is pitched at the same market segment. I'm not a big fan of the Xerox 700/770 (low duty cycle) but that's pitched against the base 6010 as well.

Last edited:
yes the 6010 is the lesser machine, but price well for an introductory machine I though would be a good move from a ikon cpp550. I like that the 6010 will run up to 16pt. and there is rumor that they are coming out with an upgrade to allow 13x26 stock to run.

would you have a ball park price on the 8080. while the quality on our cpp 550 is great, we have had other issues. and km is low on my list

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back