new versions

rbailleu

okay its 2011 where is the new version we are supposed to get. anybody got it yet. I have not heard a single peep from heidelberg lately.

prepress manager 5.0/ signa / meta not that 4.5 isn't working fine. I just like justifying my service contract. heck make it play a tune and call it 4.7 while we are at it what are they shipping for servers these days. we have the dell 2900. Have they moved to T610/T710's

Last edited:
If it is not broke, why change it?
Do you know of any of the benefits in pm 5? I heard it was to be out early this year. In HD time frame I guess that really means April/May.

If it is not broke, why change it?
Do you know of any of the benefits in pm 5? I heard it was to be out early this year. In HD time frame I guess that really means April/May.

They will have bug fixes for sure, but major feature I expect is Adobe PDF Print Engine 2 fully utilized, including support for PDF/VT that has become ISO standard.

Who knows, maybe they'll add more features, perhaps support for Acrobat X, etc..??

You might be right as Heidleberg's year is actually starting in March/April so early year might still be summer time, sigh.

well I should not have asked about new versions. jinxed myself. prosetter went down and one of my hard drives failed on the printready server. anyway they are shipping meta 8 on new installs now and upgrades will be soon so probably june. so july for me. also dont get the techs talking. they now have a barracuda backups solution and network analysis.

We had our update installed last week. PM 5 and Signa 10. No standout new features. Yes the new PDF engine is there. Seems a little more responsive. But still putting in through its paces haven't really dug into the templates to see the differences.

p

apparently heidelberg had planned on shipping the upgrades 2 months ago, but a barge sank on a canal in germany and blocked the canal for a few weeks.

I heard from a Heidelberg techy that the new versions will be named after the year of release, so it would be Signa 2011, MetaDimension 2011 etc.

Prinect Upgrades

Prinect Upgrades

Hi Guys,

Yes, we are starting to do upgrades to Prinect 2010.
And yes, there was a barge blocking the canal - so we are a bit behind - but they're coming! You can't make stuff like that up...

For anyone that is interested - contact me privately, and we can discuss details.

Regards,
Jeff

i got a really nice email yesterday from heidelberg. it explained everything in detail. everything is now version 10. new license keys will be required. they will even send out someone to check on everything before the install. of course the email contained a sales pitch too. now is a good time to buy a new server and install our backup device. best explaination I have every seen out of heidelberg or anyone for that matter.

Good to Hear!

I knew those letters were starting to hit customers. Now that we've got the planets aligned, and everything at Prinect 2010 (or 10), this process should be easiar to handle. Believe it or not - R&D is already pretty far into Prinect 2011 - I see some great things comming!

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Jeff

jeff whoever is responsible for the email I got, should get a raise. nice attachments. informative.
great job overall

Software packages showed up in my shop.
After couple of days I sent an e-mail to my support guy, asking if this is something I should upgrade or he will do i.
I've got response they will come and do it.
Couple of weeks later support guy came in and upgraded us. He left me several PDF's on what's new", all in all pretty standard upgrade process over here.
I guess we are not as special as Rbailleu but I am not complaining, as long as we got fixes for issues that cropped up after upgrade.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back