News Paper Industry

arkay_desai

Hi All,

I am working as a pre-press designer since 8 years in Packaging industry and planning to move News Paper Industry. What are the new thinks / methods are in news paper industry.

Hi All,

I am working as a pre-press designer since 8 years in Packaging industry and planning to move News Paper Industry. What are the new thinks / methods are in news paper industry.

I just have to ask. Who Koolaid are you drinking? Seriously, if you are in a good position with the Packaging Company, take a hard look at what you are getting into. Packaging=Sustainability.There will always be a need at some level for the Newspaper Industry but for the most part those monster presses are destined for the scrap yard at one point....

Good luck,
JW

Avoid if I was you. I have just retired from the newspaper industry and it is in a big decline. No one buys newspapers now so the Newspaper industry is really struggling.

Newspaper might be struggling here in more developed countries. In poorer areas without access to technology like we have, however, periodical printing like newspapers still might have a high demand. I know this because in our US printing, we have been slowly reducing print quantities for some years now. However, in our other facilities around the world, we are actually seeing increases. So if you are in a technological country like the US, I would say definitely, getting in to newspaper would be crazy. But sometimes less developed countries rely more on physical print for news and the such since they do not have as easy access to technology like we do.

On this theme I was offered a job approx 15 years ago in Hong Kong and I was informed that there the circulation was increasing year on year due to more & more of the citizens becoming literate. Having said that no matter how you look at it newspapers are old technology and the same will happen there too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back