NexPress Intelligent Calibration System

LoneGoose

Two questions re this: cost and effectiveness...

Our NexPress technician has given the new ICS upgrade rave reviews. He says it clears up streaking phenomenally and reckons even older NexPresses are going to give Indigo a good run for their money with this new system. However, they were optimistic about the new transport web, and other 'upgrades' that weren't worth a damn either.

I haven't seen a demo yet but am looking forward to one. Does anyone on the forum have experience with the NexPress Intelligent Calibration System upgrade?

Another aspect is cost. I think our local agents might be taking us for a ride. I was speaking to a European Kodak employee and she said up there they're giving it away for FREE along with the service contract. IS THIS TRUE?!? Our agents want to charge us the equivalent of $15'000 for installing in, over-and-above our (fairly high) monthly service contract.

Thanks!

Nicolas

Two questions re this: cost and effectiveness...

Our NexPress technician has given the new ICS upgrade rave reviews. He says it clears up streaking phenomenally and reckons even older NexPresses are going to give Indigo a good run for their money with this new system. However, they were optimistic about the new transport web, and other 'upgrades' that weren't worth a damn either.

I haven't seen a demo yet but am looking forward to one. Does anyone on the forum have experience with the NexPress Intelligent Calibration System upgrade?

Another aspect is cost. I think our local agents might be taking us for a ride. I was speaking to a European Kodak employee and she said up there they're giving it away for FREE along with the service contract. IS THIS TRUE?!? Our agents want to charge us the equivalent of $15'000 for installing in, over-and-above our (fairly high) monthly service contract.

Thanks!

Nicolas

You should not be paying for this, it's free.
We just installed it and it does clear up the streaking. If anything it will make your consumables last a bit longer.

Thanks, mur.

After bring this up with them a little while back, we've now been offered a discount of about 40%. Sheesh! We're still being screwed...

Nicolas

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back