Nexpress - transfer web 'burnt'

RVNG

Hello Folks,

Running a Nexpress S2500 - it has now happened twice now that the transfer web becomes 'burnt' with a honeycomb pattern, see attached photo. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this. We keep a clean machine, maintained regularly, not sure what is happening here.

Thanks,
Christian.

webburn.jpg

Apparently the burnt pattern is from the 'transport conditioning grid" ... we have changed the wires just as a precaution, this is still just speculative though. Has this happened to anyone?

I had that happen to me once. Was the press and ecs turned off for an extended period of time? Kodak recommends removing primary chargers, ic preclean chargers and conditioning chargers when ecs is off.

Thanks ScottC - the press and ECS is switched off during the evenings, perhaps we will try removing the chargers. Did this happen for you after a long holiday?

I don't remember exactly how long everything was off but it was at least 2 days. I typically leave the press and ECS on all week and just shutdown on Friday and remove all the chargers.

Dear Sir,

I have some solutions for you,

First of all pls check

1.replace the tackdown charger
2.remove the web transport and pls clean tackdown ski (this is so important
3.check the cleaner sump plade

most important think those images look that comes from oiling system that means either you fuser system drops more oil on the substrate or oiling again....

Dear Sir,

I have some solutions for you,

First of all pls check

1.replace the tackdown charger
2.remove the web transport and pls clean tackdown ski (this is so important
3.check the cleaner sump plade

most important think those images look that comes from oiling system that means either you fuser system drops more oil on the substrate or oiling again....

four chargers condition charger pls replace the wire of that also

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back