Nexus Edit dongle with Leopard and Snowleopard

Sev

We are upgrading to new Macs with Snowleopard. I have found that my Nexus Edit/Insite dongle will not work with Leopard, or Snowleopard, but works fine on my G4 running 10.4.11. Also our other dongle for just Insite works fine on Leopard and Snowleopard. Any ideas on this, and the possible fixes?
Thanks for any help.

-Sev

As far as I know is dongle support not anymore supported, Esko has stepped over to a other system.
You better get in contact with Esko to solve your problem.

They don't really support dongles, but if you have them, you can still use them. I still have a dongle for Nexus Edit running on Snow Leopard just fine. Do you have the correct drivers installed?

They don't really support dongles, but if you have them, you can still use them. I still have a dongle for Nexus Edit running on Snow Leopard just fine. Do you have the correct drivers installed?

The problem was the driver, or lack of. I found my Hasp driver on my G4, installed it on the new Mac, and that solved the problem. The dongle is now recognized, and the Nexus apps work perfect. Since we no longer have a contract with Esko-Artworks, tech support would not help, even as much as asking if I did install the correct driver.

-Sev

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back