Nexus printing to Epson 7600

Sev

We have an older version of Nexus (version 8.4) At this point we are not in a position to upgrade to a newer version, since it will require a new server and OS.
What I am trying to do is setup a workflow in Nexus that will print jobs to our old Epson 7600. We would like to replace our Agfa Sherpa proofer with the 7600. The 7600 has been replaced with a 7890 as our contract color proofer. It is using the Kodak Matchprint Proofing System RIP. Our license only allows us to use it on one proofer. So the 7600 does not have a RIP. I would like to find a way to print from Nexus directly to the 7600 through our network. So far, every workflow that I have built to attempt to do this has not been successful. Every module I have tried to use to print directly has failed. Is there a way to do this with our version of Nexus, or is it just not possible? Any ideas on this would be very much appreciated.

I don't think it is possible even with the newest version of Nexus. We have a RIP in front of our Epsons because of this.

Do you have a Nexus RIP also? If so you should have a module called Expose Epson Proof.

We had Nexus print direct to an Epson 7600. Contact me at [email protected] and i can send you the workflow.

Thanks so much for sending me the workflows! I have them working now. Time to work on color management for the 7600, since its putting down a ton of ink. Since my plan is to use it to replace our Sherpa, I will use very little ink.
Again, thanks for the help!

-Sev

Do you have a Nexus RIP also? If so you should have a module called Expose Epson Proof.

Yes, I do have that module, but couldnt get it to work properly. It seems I had too many other modules in the workflow I was trying to create. I was trying to copy and alter the workflow that we use to send jobs to our Matchprint RIP. Once the workflow was simplified, it worked, thanks to the help from SelectSet.

-Sev

I saw this post and was wondering if you were able to create a proofing curve for your Epson 7600. I am in the same boat. I was able to generate a workflow for the machine but now have the task of creating an appropriate curve to use.

Interesting thread. Very helpful, thanks.

We ran into an issue were a new printer we bought was supposedly not supported by Esko. It's an HP DesignJet T790.
In the "Rasterise TIFFS for RTL" Module, there wasn't a RTL Proofer selection for the HP T790.

From past experience, I went ahead and used another HP selection, the HP800, and connected fine. The only thing now seems to be an adjustment curve that needs to be added to the workflow. It's printing pretty heavy, saturated.

Thanks for the thread.

cesar

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back