No electricity = a new appreciation for print

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
In the wake of superstorm Sandy, no electricity surfaces a new appreciation for print. No electricity, no Internet. What's a person to do? How about reading some printed material. The following article brings a new appreciation for print.

Reading printed books and magazines during my six-day power outage after Halloween 2011's snowstorm kept me sane. Sometimes the older ways are better.

The new ways certainly open up many new opportunities and provide a comfort factor when compared to the necessities of life. Automatic heating systems, for example sure beat heating with wood, but wood winds hands down when the electricity is out! Likewise, we stay very snug here when the power is out -- often for a week at a time -- heating with wood.

Al,
Aah yes, you are correct, SIR! Wood winds are the best instruments:)! Don't you just hate those auto correct spelling features??!
Best,
PRW

What do wood wind instruments have to do with heating? Simply admit you did not proof read your post and move on.

Al

What do wood wind instruments have to do with heating? Simply admit you did not proof read your post and move on.

Al

Al, if you burn clarinets and oboes then there might be a connection. :)

Maybe that is what Igor Stravinsky was thinking for his Firebird Suite? Warming up a two bedroom suite with a fire place of burning woodwinds, that is also roasting chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no intent of having this come this far when I first spotted your innocent typo, and I was cordial in bringing it to your attention. I simply think we should give our forum participation the same care we give our prepress work.

And in this regard I feel forum administrators should set an example. Sorry if that was not made clear when we hired you.

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back