Numbering with XMpie uDirect

M@CK

I got uDirect for free wen I bought my Xerox printer, now I need to do tickets for a show and would like to use this software.

Basically I can use the "link to Counter" feature but the customer want me to ad 2 zeros for the numbers below one hundred: 001 002 .... up to 500. I cant figure out how to set the rules to do so. It must be very simple to do but I just don't see how.

Thanks for the help

Numbering

Numbering

M@CK,

The command you're looking for is FormatNumber(Index,"000").

Right-click on the "Index" Content Object, and select "Edit Rule". In the rule dialog box, turn ON the checkbox for Extended Functions. You'll find the FormatNumber in the pull-down. If you have questions from there, let me know.

FYI, the Q-Lingo version would be "FormatNumber(|->[Index], "000")"

-Phil

Phil you are the man !

Thanks allot for the numbering trick.
I know that using uDirect for this is like killing a fly with a shotgun, but I have it and its free ...

Quick questions, have you experienced any transparency problem wen printing VPS files ?
I get a color shift in a brown thats supposed to multiplies over a green, well actually the multiplies is not their all together.

Thanks

I can't speak of uDirect, but I have notices with Fusion Pro, if the PDF has transparencies a PPML file will have a huge color shift. The solve is to flatten all transparencies. The issue does not show on PDF output so my guess is it is a shortfall of PPML not Fusion Pro.

XMPie Numbering

XMPie Numbering

Phil/M@ck

Just read your pointers for numbering in XMPie.

I had to do some bar code labels 000001-200000

The QLingo worked a treat.

Cheers guys

Spidey *

This works fabulously,
Now if any one can help me here, but now my customer wants to start the numbering a 0 not 1.

Thanks for the help !

This thread deserves a gold star! lol

Thanks for this...needed help for the exact same thing, working beautifully now :)

I got uDirect for free wen I bought my Xerox printer, now I need to do tickets for a show and would like to use this software.

Basically I can use the "link to Counter" feature but the customer want me to ad 2 zeros for the numbers below one hundred: 001 002 .... up to 500. I cant figure out how to set the rules to do so. It must be very simple to do but I just don't see how.

Thanks for the help
I need to know more about this program would you please provide me with link to download trail version of the program and get more info about it ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back