Oki Procolor pro900dp w/ feeder

willvp2408

Does anybody have a Okidata Procolor pro900dp with the feeder for envelopes? Thinking of buying one of these.
Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We don't have that model, but we do have a rebranded Oki envelope printer. The main problems we have are with those special window envelopes and humidity. Keep that sucker and its stock in a climate controlled environment or you'll have steam coming off the other end, literally, which spells more jams and toner problems. I keep a rag to keep wiping steam off the end conveyor.

We don't have that model, but we do have a rebranded Oki envelope printer. The main problems we have are with those special window envelopes and humidity. Keep that sucker and its stock in a climate controlled environment or you'll have steam coming off the other end, literally, which spells more jams and toner problems. I keep a rag to keep wiping steam off the end conveyor.

By special window do you mean the ones that don't melt in a laser printer? Which feeder is better the one Oki sells or the straight shooter model. Salesman tells he sells 50 to 1 on the Oki model but he is a saleman.
Is the embossing bad or hardly noticeable?

Thanks!

We have the longer feeder so we can do catalog envelopes. Yes, you must use the special window envelopes. We have the embossing problem, especially on thin envelopes, but the bigger problem is toner where you don't want it when the humidity is too high. You can get a sort of color cast on parts of the envelopes.

I've read nothing but praise for the Straight Shooter, but I don't think it does larger size envelopes, not sure. See old threads about the Straight Shooter.

If anyone is interested, I have both a Straightshooter (9 x 12" max) and a VIP (10 x 13" max) feeder for sale.

Thanks Possumgal. I received samples of the envelopes from this machine. It does have embossing but I was told customers don't really notice it. I can see his point that we as print shops want a perfect product to sell. I would see it as we want a product that won't come back to us. I think I will get the machine with an option to get a different feeder if needed.

I've been told there is a low-compression fuser available for the 900 series - check with your dealer.

Might want to hold off if you are absolutely committed to buying new. The new C931dn and C911dn are rated at 50 pages a minute (faster for envelopes) OKI | Introducing the C900 Series Multimedia Production Platform

Best way to get your feet wet is a used 9800 and a Straightshooter - Save yourself $10,000. or more.

I checked on that c941dn and he said its not ready for mainstream yet. With it also having that 5th color of white machine will be a more expensive unit. I can get the pro900 series brand new right now for about $16,000 with feeder and conveyor. I have the option of trying the feeder from Oki and if I don't like it I can exchange it for the Straight Shooter one.

The C931dn and C911dn are 4 color - about $3600. and $5000. respectively. Straightshooter new is about $3800. The Oki feeder is not theirs - it's a Thiele.

I have a three year old oki 90?dp....sorry can't remember if 905 or 900. But it does have the bottom feeder and delivery belt.
It has 42,000 clicks on it . Mostly #10's and some black work. If interested let me know. Thanks for your time , Jeff

I am considering buying an envelope printer and have seen one of the memjet printers in person but am not confident it can meet my needs. Can you guys give the pros and cons of the Oki 900 series and the Xante Illumina? Thanks

TS - Look at the Xante Impressia. We got ours in July and have about 147K on it. The feeders is a bit finicky and they just told me they are sending out upgrades in a few days. So far it has been a nice printer. It also runs about 1/2 the cost per print as the OKI models.

TS - Look at the Xante Impressia. We got ours in July and have about 147K on it. The feeders is a bit finicky and they just told me they are sending out upgrades in a few days. So far it has been a nice printer. It also runs about 1/2 the cost per print as the OKI models.

Craig: What's the smallest envelope you reliable run? That paper path looks like a nightmare for small envelopes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back