ONYX 7.2 drop out

I have recently updated from 7.0 to 7.2. It is going to a Displaymaker UVR72 (colorspan). I know there are problems with the communication between this software and the printer but a lot of the issues were remedied when I updated. However, the biggest issue I have now is, when I rip the job and it is ready to print, I'll click "print" and after 45 seconds or so, it drops out to the archive. Then I replace it directly from the archive, click "print" and then it runs.
Is this a bug? Is it something I can remedy in the settings?

Thanks

Stainless,
Make sure you installed the driver from their website .Net Home. Make sure you reconfigure the printer, in Configure Printer, if it fails to print.
Verify none of your other network cards have videonet protocol on. And make sure the card your Colorspan is connected to only has Videonet enabled.
Besides these things, I don't know what else would be causing this.

I agree with Ford. Sometimes the Onyx Auto Updates can reconfigure the Printer Preferences. Also, I have seen updates cause problems due to a corruption in the update process. If checking and reconfiguring the preferences don't fix the problem then you may have to re-update.

Marc

I realize this post is a tad old, but I thought I would check in as there was no update from the original poster. I'm just curious if you're still having issues or not. There are still connection issues with ColorSpan devices, even on the latest builds, though not necessarily all the fault (if any) of Onyx.

As both an Onyx and ColorSpan user (72s & 9840UV), I've worked closely with Onyx on trying to resolve the ColorSpan connection issues, but there are still a few workarounds you have to do from time to time.

Let me know!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back