Opinions from a Speed Master users for printing on thick board.

Visar

Hi all,

We are printing house in Kosovo and we would like to print on 350 to 400 gsm board and we are looking to buy a speed master (not CD version).

How is your experience with SM on printing duplex board for boxes on 350 to 400 gsm?

I thank you all for your opinions,

We ran some 350 gsm but I would not go to 400. 350gsm has to be grain long and you still will have issues of scratching especially if it has a perfector. Ours was an SM 52 and I would imagine the bigger the press gets the worse the problem will be. That press is only rated to go up to 350 gsm max. You can probably get 400 to go through but it wont be good on the press. Good way to mess up a press.

If your in a competitive price market the Speedmaster will disappoint when printing on heavy substrates. If you must do it I can offer some tips.
1 install super blues if not equipped and maintain them.
2 If no super blues then allow as much dead space as possible around images to allow for the installation of "bumpers". Be extra mindful of keeping images as far away from edges of sheet as possible.
3 as mentioned above be sure to run long grain stock.
4 slow press down!!
5 allow for twice the makeready time in order to eliminate marking.
Good luck I think you will need it.

Thank you all! I will take into consideration all of the above.

What do you think of Mitsubishi?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back