Opinions on a DC5252

easiprint

Hi

Just looking for peoples opinion on the DC5252 for a small printshop.

Situation is, we are a small printshop in the UK (four employees) which is mainly digital (we have a single colour AB Dick, but avoid using it wherever possible!). We currently have a DC250 and a DC12 for our digital print. We fully intend to keep the DC250, but the DC12 is no longer fast enough or flexible enough for us. We have been offered a DC5252 to replace the DC12, which looks like a good machine to us, but would like to know if there are any problems we are likely to encounter with it.

How does the DC5252 compare with the DC250 in terms of quality and registration? We have been offered it on a 12 month rental, with click rates to match the DC250. I am not sure where the DC5252 fits into the range - above or below a DC250? I just want to make sure that we will be as happy with the DC5252 as we are with the DC250

Many thanks

Simon

OK, not much response on that one. Can anyone tell me where would a DC5252 come in the Xerox range compared to a DC250 - above or below in terms of performance for a print shop?

Ta

- print quality: the same as dc12, but it needs lots of maintenance to keep the quality up
- registration: is MUCH better than dc250, which in my opinion doesn't have any ;)
- reliability: very good if you have a skilled and reliable tech; you can avoid most fuser troubles with using better paper (for digital print), without any dust! - because these machines are very sensitive to paper dust

what's you're volume?

I have One DC 250 and one DC 5252, dc 250 is an elephant, 250 is very reliable and easy to use and mantinance free machine no fuser oil, no charge corona, print quality always same in in-out even u interchange all three drum module. fast warm up time. speed is fast in 12 x18 300gsm then DC 5252
but in dc 250 registration is not very fine then dc 5252, because dc 250 don't have dedicated registration module. decurler is not present in dc 250. 5252 is a actual production press. but very hard to achive actual color and smoothness.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back