Page count on a KM6500 bookletmaker

Bretman

Hey gang,
So I ran a job today 135 gsm sheet 4/4 8.5 x 11 with 1/2 fold. 1 SIG !!! CWS bumps the job and tells me spec's are beyond finisher capability. Yea, OK right. So I reduced the gsm setting and ran.
Then I e-mail our local click support buddys and the response was... thats the spec's. Ummm???? Yea, OK, right.
So my question of the day is....... what's spec??? How many of what "gsm" sheets at say 8.5 x 11 should run in the booklet maker? 5.5 finished fold, stich, etc.

Bretman

Hey msaeger,
Thanks for the reply and the link.
You had to ask THAT question, huh? I don't know the answer but I will find out.
I am assuming the finisher unit hasn't changed drastically between the 6500 and 6501 so the figures in the link should be close. Never the less, I SHOULD get more than 4 or 5 sheets at say 115 gsm before I get bumped for a "over capacity" message. Certainly a single sig is unacceptable. I think the tech's may not know how to reset the machine properly to co-operate without "fooling" it and taking a chance on fusing problems.

Bret

the 20 sheet booklet maker has a limit of 105gsm with one 200gsm cover

But i quite often run 130gsm + 200gsm cover with no issues (fooling it of course)

I find it stupid that it will let you fold 19x 105gsm + 1x 200gsm but not let you fold 4x 130gsm

same as the 6501 will duplex 300 no problems if you tell it, its 250gsm.

My model bookletmaker is the FS-607 finisher.
I find you are absolutely right there mac_man. The whole idea is to run at multiple booklet configurations. So basically what I am hearing here, and from support is that ONE sig will bump me if the paper weight is set to 135 gsm. That seems so very........REDICULOUS.

Thanks for the info guys,
I guess I'll just keep "fooling it" myself and try to maintain that 2% smarter thing.

Bretman

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back