Paper fetish ;-)

seejay

A question for all our friends across the pond. In the UK and europe we 'generally' run to a standard trim size A4 (210x297) - however, we are regularly asked by clients for a trim size for 'US A4' for material being produced for both european and US markets

So far I have been given a number of definitions ranging from: 216x279, 280x215, 280x210, 285x220 to name but a few.

Searches on the net are ambiguous, with no definitive standard for American or US A4. Can anyone clarify this to me or point me in the right direction to a US standards website.

Seejay

LoneGoose

Re: Paper fetish ;-)

You mean a US letter size? (It really does become ambiguous when you start calling it a "US A4!")

I think a US +letter+ is 216x279. (But I wouldn't really know, because we're metric here.)

disbellj

Re: Paper fetish ;-)

seejay,

I have U.S. version of CS3. When I go to Illustrator's Document Setup, if I choose A4...
and then choose inches, it's 8.2677 x 11.6929.
and then choose millimeters, it's 210 x297.

This is not a U.S. letter size.

When I go to Illustrator's Document Setup, if I choose Letter...
and then choose inches, it's 8.5 x 11.
and then choose millimeters, it's 215.9 x 279.4.

So A4 and Letter are different sizes, and these can easily be obtained from Adobe Illustrator's Document Setup (as well as other sizes).

Don

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article