Paper Shortage?

wonderings

When I am quoting jobs I am adding in a part about stock issues and that they need to be flexible on the stock they want if their deadlines are going to be met. Never thought I would see the day when paper was a difficult thing to get!

Craig

Paper shortage and prices seem to ease a little bit, but not to the extent it had worsened. Don't think the days will ever be same as before.
I just talked to one of our envelope manufactures and they are a minimum 8 weeks out if not in stock. In her 40 years with the company she has never seen it like this. She thought the end of the first quarter was going to be better, but after last week she doesn't see an end in sight.

Shawnd

Yea, the shortage is still very REAL and very annoying depending on what you are looking for and where you are geographically located. We have had to get creative to fill the gaps.

kslight

Paper shortage and prices seem to ease a little bit, but not to the extent it had worsened. Don't think the days will ever be same as before.
It really depends on what you need. Forget about most envelopes, and there are several relatively common stocks that I can’t get at any price.
I have multiple paper suppliers, but I looked into my re-order lists for one, across 45 different common stocks, all except one item show zero in inventory.

tngcas

It really depends on what you need. Forget about most envelopes, and there are several relatively common stocks that I can’t get at any price.
I have multiple paper suppliers, but I looked into my re-order lists for one, across 45 different common stocks, all except one item show zero in inventory.
We've been struggling to get any 70lb paper in any brand but envelopes haven't been an issue yet.

Canon Research

Canon
Advancing Productivity and Service Delivery
Enhancing the Print Customer Connection (Part 4)

Read All About It