Paper type # 4 G7 ICC profile needed

disbellj

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the beta ICC profile for paper type # 4 (produced using the G7 method).

I was wanting to move to FOGRA47 since it replaced FOGRA27, but when soft-proofing, I get a cast in the grays and would prefer to trying to match an uncoated G7 profile.

Thank you,

Don

Thank you, Todd. I actually have contacted him a couple times and haven't heard back, so that's one reason I'm asking on here.

Does he have a profile also, or just the dataset?

Regards,

Don

I believe it is just a data set at this time. They might release a profile after it is finalized, like with the gracol and swop profiles.

Bret

Thanks guys.

It sure would be nice to have an aim for uncoated jobs here in the U.S. with a G7 profile available.

I guess I'll stick to FOGRA47 although most likely not as gray balanced.

Regards,

Don

Looks good to me. No worries here.

The farthest they are apart is dE 2.991 at Magenta 75%. All other dE76 values are below this (Note: I read 0,10,25,40,50,75, and 100).

See, I just couldn't know without a profile. Now I know I can adjust plate TVI without a press run (just like I did before).

Regards,

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back