Part 2 of Needing a New FTP Server...

Hopkins Printing

Ok, now that we are testing a new FTP site, I need some software that will do the following:

1. Recursively monitor the folders on our FTP site at a specified interval (every hour would be ideal) and...
2. When it "sees" that the file count within a specified folder is greater than zero, it will...
3. Generate an email that I can customize and send it to the email addresses I specify.

Although Rumpus emails everyone when a file is uploaded, I need something that will cover for when a customer uses FTP software to upload their files versus the Rumpus web interface.

We currently use IPSentry but IPSentry is Windows-only software and I need some Mac software as Rumpus is Mac-based.

Thanks,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Last edited:
Hi Joeno,

Which specific product? Looks like they have quite an array of software products.

Is the software you referring to Mac-based?

Thanks,
Jon :)

Rumpus will email you when a file is uploaded via FTP, WebDav, or the Rumpus web interface. Provided that the connection method is through Rumpus. If you are trying to use a different application for FTP, Rumpus would not know about the file transaction.

Hi pcmodem,

Indeed it would not and that's why I am looking for some 3rd party software (or perhaps an AppleScript) that will do all the things I mentioned. This because we have some customers who will only use FTP software (without any Rumpus interaction) and it's those customers that necessitate the need for this software.

Thanks,
Jon :)

Jon,

If you are using Rumpus for FTP and you are not getting email notifications. There is a problem with the install or setup. We have customers using both FTP and web and we get notifications for both. You should contact Rumpus support. He will help you through the problem. Their support is great.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back