PDF Settings in Quark 7.3

geozinger

Greetings all,

I have an issue with my PDF pre-sets in Quark 7.3. I have noticed lately that in the "Press" settings my compression and resolution setting have changed, without me actively changing them. I speaking of the pre-set values, not ones that I'm inputting for a specific job.

My guess is that a customer's Quark file has somehow corrupted my settings.

My question is how do I restore my Quark's PDF settings to the default ones?

It's really easy to do this.

Step 1: Open a Quark file or create a new blank one.
Step 2: Go to "File>Export Layout as PDF" (see fig. 01).
Step 3: Click "Options" (see fig. 02).
Step 4: Select "PDF Style" at the top and select "New PDF Output Style" from the drop down menu (see fig. 03)
Step 5: Set all your settings as you would like all quark files to be output (resolution, bleed, etc.) and select a name you can easily identify (ours is called "OTP QXP7 PDF"). Click O.K. when you've selected all your settings and it will show up in the PDF Style list .
Step 6: Every time you go to output a pdf, when you go to "File>Export Layout as PDF" you can select your PDF output style from the "PDF Style" list and export. (see fig. 04).

By doing it this way, you don't have to manually enter in any values or worry about how the customer has their file set up.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Picture 01.jpg
    Picture 01.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 02.jpg
    Picture 02.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 03.jpg
    Picture 03.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 04.jpg
    Picture 04.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hello oxburger,

Thanks for your suggestion. I may end up doing that. I have not been able to restore the original default settings for the JAWS distiller and this may save me some grief.

(BTW, love your icon, that was a great movie!)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back