PDF to Word

pworlledge

I know this is a long shot but is there a way to bring a PDF into Word and keep the formatting? This is so a 3rd party could buy the Word doc and edit it for their company use.

OmniPage by Nuance. It is not free ($150 US), but it works exceptionally well. You have a choice of file formats that you can save your OCR'ed file as, including Word and Excel.

OmniPage 17 by Nuance - ORC Software for Easy Document Scanning, Converting & Sharing Management

(Full disclosure: my company is a Konica Minolta dealer, and Nuance is a software partner of Konica Minolta's. My dealership does sell this product [relabeled as Konica's Unity suite] to clients in our territory. But, I am a grouchy admin person, my IT person went and installed it on my computer, and ... I actually like it.)

Word to PDF to Word

Word to PDF to Word

Acrobat (if you have it) can ocr a pdf file and you can export as a Word Doc.

but you do not get the 'style sheets'

The REAL key here is how that PDF was created. If the PDF file was created in Word, and if the Word user used Style Sheets, Acrobat can do a pretty good job resurrecting the formatting.

Yes, PDF to word in same formatting when you convert document in rtf format.

Also, many people wonder when OCrs are available for Free, why pay for any conversion. They are half right...However make no mistake every OCR that extracts text from PDF does not necessarily convert to error free text, there are bound to be errors that you need to fix manually, probably fine if your document is just a few pages but if your document is large fixing errors could be pretty cumbersome.

Good news is you can do so online without downloading any software at all. And if you want pros to edit for you you can do so at Online Document Conversion
you can upload, convert to doc rtf or txt formats online & then save. Plus you have the advantage of errors being fixed by site operators for you. And if you join their affiliate program at http://www.onlineclickbankaffilaite.com/ you make money too!

It is advisable to use this site when you are short of time, OR you have largish documents, not confidential and you don't mind external operators help you or edit for you at cents 50 a page or so.

BTW Free sites often do not have manual support nor online 'after sales service' of editorial staff. Also not always they're Free from malware or other security issues rampant these days. So if you have to go to Free sites make sure you don't ignore this angle.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back