PDF Workflow problems with Preps

pcmodem

Registered Users
I am having one big issues and 1 small issue.

Background: We have been using Preps for years with the Mixed Job method and are working on switching to a PDF workflow which requires us to use the PDF -> PDF Job method. We are using Preps 5.3.2 and a Nexus PDF Rip.

First the big issue: We use the Punch feature within the Device Setup to center the Signature Horizontally at the bottom of the Plate. Then we specify the Vertical Alignment for our Plate bend so the Signature (which is the Press Sheet size), is positioned correctly. This has worked perfectly within the Mixed Job setup. Now with the PDF Job setup, the Vertical Alignment is not being applied. Attached is a screen capture of the Device Configuration. I have tested this going to Postscript, PDF, and JDF. The punch information is working, just not the Vertical Alignment.
Do I have something not configured correctly or is this a bug?

The second issue we have is the Center Mark at the Gripper of the Sheet. It used to be perfectly round in the Mixed job and now it looks a little choppy, see attached screen capture. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• Device Configuration.jpg
    Device Configuration.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Center Mark.jpg
    Center Mark.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 152

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back