Photoshop CS6 - Still lacking many plugins present in CS1 32bit

chevalier

Really, Adobe? Can't be bothered with effort to recode these plugins? I can't believe we have to pay for these feature-LESS upgrades sometimes.

Agreed, I have an imac at home that has version 5.5, not CS5, good old fashioned 5.5 and it's still good to go. Flashy gui changes and a ton of stuff for the web guys is about all there's been. Elements was a nice thing as far as affordability, wish they'd make an InDesign Lite for the masses.

Photoshop 6 (not CS6) had major colour handling changes, that were a greatly needed correction from the mistake that was made in 5.x. Over the years there have been minor updates that have helped graphic arts users, however they have been few and far between.

I agree that the focus of Photoshop has drifted away from graphic arts and into the web and photography, this is only natural as Adobe are not going to make any serious revenue from the print graphic communications sector.

As for the OP, I have not yet looked at CS6 (still on CS5). What Adobe plug-ins are missing? Over the years Adobe have dropped or revised plugs or other features, nothing new here. Where possible Adobe generally try not remove features... Or are you referring to support for 3rd party plugs?

I still keep CS around so that I have access to ImageReady so that I can make the rare animated GIF without having to have a license for Photoshop Extended!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back