PitStop taking FOREVER to start up

rich apollo

I've recently seen a change in PitStop. It's taking a very long time to start up - like hit the head and grab a cup of coffee kind of long. I can't tell what it's doing. I think it's trying to connect to some outside server to check the registration status, but I can't be sure.

If anybody can tell me what it's doing, and even better, how to make it stop; I'd be very appreciative.

Not sure if this will help but I though I heard something about going into the Enfocus Certified PDF Preferences and in the General Tab changing the status Icon to "Check Manually" instead of "Check Automatically". That is how I have all my production stations set up and I don't have any problems.

JerryD'

Forever

Forever

You do not tell if your working on a Mac or Windows, but I had exectly the same on my Mac.
OSX 10.6.4 Acrobat 9 Pitstop 8. But after 2 day's the problems went away. I also think the software was checking something.
Regards

Tried setting the Certified PDF preference to "Don't check". That doesn't seem to have fixed it.

I've have the PitStop preference set NOT to check for updates (check manually).

I'm on a Mac (OS 10.5.8).

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this before I end up looking like Van Gogh's self-portrait!

Have you tried setting Acrobat's "use certified plugins" to OFF in preferences? This always made PitStop slow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back