Pitstop User Selection Ignored!

Criminy

Hey all,

I have been running comparison testing between Neo and Pitstop. So far, Pitstop is becoming my PDF modification application of choice. It's robust and intuitive, but I have encountered a curious problem when trying to isolate elements to change their color.

I select an item, and go about "running" the change, but nothing happens if I select the "user selection" (of the item I want changed). The only thing that appears to work is changing the color globally on the current page.

What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks! It figures; I'm running Pitstop 7 in Acrobat 8. Pays to upgrade! :p

Small tip: Install the trial version from enfocus.com, try your actions and check the result. If it still doesn't work, for some particular reason, contact Enfocus support ([email protected]) to see what they can do.

Or reply on this post and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,
bert

You are going to be impressed by the speed increase in Pitstop 8. It seems to be a whole new program and works without issue (for 2 months so far) with Acrobat 9.

Hey all,

I have been running comparison testing between Neo and Pitstop. So far, Pitstop is becoming my PDF modification application of choice. It's robust and intuitive, but I have encountered a curious problem when trying to isolate elements to change their color.

I select an item, and go about "running" the change, but nothing happens if I select the "user selection" (of the item I want changed). The only thing that appears to work is changing the color globally on the current page.

What am I missing? :confused:

Hard to compare the two products now that Neo can run the actionlist and profiles. I love how easy Neo makes it to manually select objects and transform them. Not to mention the text editing of neo blows away pitstop and acrobat

Well, I finally have a chance to try out the demo version of Pitstop 8, and I'm happy to say that my "user selection" feature finally works when choosing individual elements to alter.

I'm using it with Acrobat 8, though, for the time being. My boss will decide whether or not we get the upgrade.

I have experimented a little with Neo, and found a couple of it's features very useful. Some appear to be unique to Neo, since I cannot find similar features in Pitstop. For instance, I can fill areas with gradients, not just solid fills or screens "grabbed" by the selections dialog box. I find it cool, but I wonder how often I'll need it. As for Neo having the ability to enable action lists and profiles, I still haven't seen evidence of their editing capabilities. Is it possible the "trial version" is not as robust as the full version?

Well, I finally have a chance to try out the demo version of Pitstop 8, and I'm happy to say that my "user selection" feature finally works when choosing individual elements to alter.

I'm using it with Acrobat 8, though, for the time being. My boss will decide whether or not we get the upgrade.

I have experimented a little with Neo, and found a couple of it's features very useful. Some appear to be unique to Neo, since I cannot find similar features in Pitstop. For instance, I can fill areas with gradients, not just solid fills or screens "grabbed" by the selections dialog box. I find it cool, but I wonder how often I'll need it. As for Neo having the ability to enable action lists and profiles, I still haven't seen evidence of their editing capabilities. Is it possible the "trial version" is not as robust as the full version?

Criminy,

I'm glad it works for you. One small question for you: what version of PitStop Pro 7 are you using? It might be that an update of version 7 already solves the selection issue. Latest 7 version is 7.52.

You're right about Neo, it does have a number of features that are different from PitStop Pro. Modifying gradients is one, create patterns, checking single separations, spelling checker and extreme text editing are a few others.
You're talking about Neo, does this mean that you're trying out the EskoArtwork Neo version 2? FYI, the Enfocus Neo version is now called PitStop Extreme 08. Same functionality and is Windows and Mac compatible.
More info: Enfocus - Enfocus PitStop Extreme

About your last question: the stability of trial and full version should be the same. Can you elaborate about some of the issues you're having?

Cheers,
Bert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back