Plate Chemistry

That would depend on the plate you are using. Some thermal plates require a developer, a replenisher, and a finisher while others may only require a finisher assuming they are chemistry free.

pd

Please tell us what chemistry you are using on the press. ;)

Lol... I don't know, I'm not a printer... mainly demineralised water and some additive that all printing presses use. My point is, chem-free plates work well for us, straight from the image setter onto the press.

The Chemistry of Lithography

aqazi81,

The plate manufacturers have "Bamboozled us !!! and put the onus on....... "The Chemistry of Fountain Solutions " for the

plates to work successfullly on the press ----- just try printing with H2O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Alois

The Chemistry of Lithography

aqazi81,

just try printing with H2O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Alois

I tried but there was nothing on sheets at delivery.:confused:

On a serious note, Do you really think that we can print with just H2O, no additives, on continuous feed dampening?

[On a serious note, Do you really think that we can print with just H2O, no additives, on continuous feed dampening?[/QUOTE]

Some polyplates works just fine with 100% H2O

Last edited:
aqazi81,

You misunderstand my comment "try printing just with H2O" NO you cannot print just with water in the long run,

Chem- free/ DoP plates do not have the necessary "Desensitized Layer" this layer "One micron thick" NEEDS to be

Induced on the plate during the Image development step.

The only plates that ran successfully with just H2O were "Deep Etch Plates" then only a max. of 10.000/20.000 sheets

before Scumming appeared,

Remmember aqazi81,

It is all about maintaining the Diffferent Inter- Facial Tensions on the on the - Induced Layers - 1) Hydrophillic 2) Oleophilllic

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back