Plate going blind with vario function on xl75

gfy

Hello All

We have been experiencing problems with plates going blind since our new XL75 UV press was installed towards the end of last year. This can happen on any unit after around 12000 impressions using UV inks. We use a Saphira Thermoplate PN which is unbaked.
This week we tried turning off the vario function and we managed to run an entire job of 40000 impressions using the same plate which would suggest that the friction of the vario function is the cause of the problem.
Has anybody else experienced something similar or any ideas how we can overcome this problem ?

Regards

GFY

Hopefully, this post won't sound too stupid, the only term you have used that I understand these days was "plate blinding"... I am such an offset dinasor!! Can't spell either. Anyway, usually plate blinding is a problem with the fount solution, the etch is not keep that plate clean. I'd go back to basics checking PH, and conductivity at the start and during the run. Eliminate that as a possible problem. We would have this problem on a plate brand that we tried, use to use Soft Scrub to bring it back. We had to change the brand of plates. Hope this helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back