Polar 66 screen

Steve_S

Our Polar 66 just had the screen go REALLY dark - readable, but tough for my 44 yr old eyes :D Anyone ever seen this? If so, how bad is Heidelberg going to eat our lunch? :(

Woke up fine this morning - maybe it needed a holiday? Keeping the fingers crossed ... and the wallet hidden;)

Polar Monitor screen

Polar Monitor screen

We have a Polar 115 emc - Screen was very dark, We were going to pop for a new screen, Then our service gut cleaned the reflectors in the monitor - now it's like new. Sometimes they move slightly and that reduces the light. Check it out - SAVE MONEY

We have a Polar 115 emc - Screen was very dark, We were going to pop for a new screen, Then our service gut cleaned the reflectors in the monitor - now it's like new. Sometimes they move slightly and that reduces the light. Check it out - SAVE MONEY

I was going to say something Similar its possible some of the wires are damages (or something just needs cleaning) I had a problem with the LCD on our cutter, and it turned to be the connectors had been damaged, we just needed a new ribbon cable

Replace the light tube at the the top back of the screen or buy a new screen off of ebay. You can see the part number after you pull it out on the back of the screen Sharp makes most of them.

Replace the light tube at the the top back of the screen or buy a new screen off of ebay. You can see the part number after you pull it out on the back of the screen Sharp makes most of them.

Is this easy to take apart? Ours finally just went black, so the time has come :( It looks like you have to remove both boards for access to the LCD.

I had some success with monitors repair by replacing capacitors. Look at the boards related - they're like little cylinders, have "-" on one side, wrapped in brown or blue plastic with capacity stated. When bad - top looks bubbled up rather than flat. If nonfunctional could prevent back-light bulb from starting up. But check the connectors first.

model number of screen

model number of screen

I have extra screens and backlights, See if you can find the model number of the screen you have

Lcd

Lcd

joeb -

On the back of the board with the LCD everything is marked Hitachi. There are two prominent numbers - 250 520, and Pr347. It is hard to tell which part is bad. The sleeve on the light tube is cracked in several spots. Let me know if you need more info or a photo. You can email me if it is easier : [email protected]

Thanks.
steve

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back