Polar 92E Monitor Problems

Wade

I have a Polar 92E cutter. When I turn it on in the morning everything works fine. The later in the day it gets to be the monitor starts getting blurry. The screen starts moving side to side until eventually the numbers become unreadable. I was wondering if there is a way I can fix this without having to spend too much money. Basically is there a way I can install a new monitor, or fix the old one. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I know this is late...but we just had the monitor go out on our Polar 92 EMC and it was going to cost THOUSANDS for a new monitor. Well, our maintenance guy checked out the connector and asked us to get him a SAMSUNG SMT-1722 17-Inch Security LCD Monitor which includes a BNC video input. We bought it from Amazon and it cost a little over $300. He was able to remove the old monitor, slightly modify the new monitor base and mount the LCD monitor directly to the base on the cutter. He was able to plug in the BNC connector and set the monitor to "under scan" mode with the included remote and we now have a perfect picture. In fact, this worked so well, we ordered a second monitor and replaced the old monitor on our other 92 EMC. The picture is much clearer and more pleasing than the old green monochrome original CRT monitor at a fraction of the cost.

Dear Wade,
Dear Brer,

The Polar 92E cutter has an embedded LCD matrix which looks as faulty, and it should be replaced with the same one.

As to the Polar XXX EM/EMC MONITOR cutters, we have new CRT monitors:
http://www.alonex.com/pdf/AX-PLR.pdf

Regards,
Alonex ICEE Lab

Attachments

• AX-PLR.pdf
    133.6 KB · Views: 256
  • AX-PLR-1-200.JPG
    AX-PLR-1-200.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 332
  • AX-PLR-2-200.JPG
    AX-PLR-2-200.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 384

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back