Polaris XTV ideal filter resolution for 1, 2, and 3

lyzan

Anyone has any recommendation for ideal Laser filter resolution for filter 1, 2, and 3 for Agfa Polaris XTV?

TIA,
Lyzan

Hi , you should really set this up using exposure test sweep

but here are some settings from a machine i installed

1200dpi laser power 75 filter position 34.1

2400dpi laser power 78 filter position 15.1

2540dpi laser power 72 filter position 14.6

laser power and filter postion work together

hope this helps

cheers
dirk

Thanks Dirk.

Our's is setup as follows (using only 1200)

@1200 laser power=41; Filter position 1 = 52; Filter position 2 =30; Filter position 3 = 10

I asked this because in my observation, I can put whatever Filter position value and adjust laser power accordingly base on my exposure test form. I am thinking that maybe there is optimal filter position to lengthen the life of the laser at the same time help strengthen the run length of a plate.

Lyzan

Hi lyzan , from my understanding the laser power should be set higher to help with the switching between on and off (light and dark)

in the resoultions window are the all set to 1200dpi

if so then filter for res2 and res3 not used

why dont you expose test form plate with your settings change the settings to the one i sent you for 1200dpi and re do same test form and inspect

are you having problems with run lenght ,

are you using digi wedge to set up exposure , what are your results on the digi wedge

if you image say a 40 % tint over whole plate is it even across plate in fast scan direction?

cheers
dirk

Hi Dirk,

I followed your recommendation. I got almost identical result with your settings and my settings (+ or - 2 at 50% across the plate). I lowered the laser power a little bit at 73 with filter position at 34.1.

Yes, I have run length problem as I inquired in my other thread. The service technician is done in making adjustment in our processor (LP82 Ultra) but still the run length problem exists which is after 100k copies, plates wear out in some areas especially in solid tones (100%).

We are isolating this problem together with maintenance staff in the press. We are now looking on the possibilities with the imager exposure settings while the press also checked their parameters. At present, we really can't make a final conclusion what causing this.

I am using Agfa Digicontrol and also UGRA/FOGRA postscript control strip. With digicontrol, 1x1 to 3x3 are darker and 4x4 to 6x6 are going to neutral.

I will use today in our production your recommended exposure.

______
Lyzan

hi lyzan , how did it go on press ,
did you ever get better run lenght on the press?

have you done a fast wobble lately and alslo have you run the newspaper test file to check focus and pwm

are your positive and negative lines same size in the 1x1 and 2x2 boxes

also in the polaris parameters what is your laser type 4 or 6

have you got an email can send you pic of digiwedge should look like

cheers
dirk

Hi Dirk,

Still got massive dot loss after 100k copies, especially on black solid tone.

have you done a fast wobble lately and alslo have you run the newspaper test file to check focus and pwm

I have no idea about doing a fast wobble. I have no test form for checking focus and I do know what is pwm. However, we did some standard test for our press - slurring, registration, etc.

are your positive and negative lines same size in the 1x1 and 2x2 boxes

negative and positive lines are all the same in both microlines part of digi wedges (Agfa/UGRA-FOGRA)

also in the polaris parameters what is your laser type 4 or 6

The service engineer set it to laser type 8: V GEN II (Polaris XTV)

have you got an email can send you pic of digiwedge should look like

I am following IFRA's recommendation in Agfa Digicontrol (gradiating from 1x1 darker to neutral 6x6 - invisible). I will be glad to compare your exposure recommendation, agdulay2005((()))gmail((()))com and try it.

TIA,
Lyzan

Hi Lyzan can you make a plate and put it through your other processor or make plate in advantage and put through Polaris processor

What are the temps and settings in both processors
Have you ever got good run length from the Polaris

+61 412 088326 is my mobile if you want to chat

Cheers
Dirk

Hi Lyzan can u make a plate in Polaris and put through advantage processor or vice versa and see if wear the same

Also what are the temp and develoPment settings both processors

My phone number is + 61 412 088326

Cheers
Dirk

Hi dirk,

actually I am busy sorting out things about this problem. Service engineers attended us and are now busy for my other problem with Galileo. next in line will be Polaris.

Thanks for your worthy advice and recommendations. I'll post development... we just need to fix the Galileo first now as pressure from our clients are growing.

best regards,
lyzan

Hi,
I have a dummy question. For Polaris XTV with GEN II laser 60mW, what is the position of the filter and the laser power for Fuji LP-NNV or NNW plates?
Regards!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back