Preps 5.3.3 - Marks

RE: filename mark

RE: filename mark

In order to capture your preps job name onto each plate you would want to use the following callout: $jobname. Using this identifier will put on each plate whatever you have named your preps job.

If you want to use a mark that will change you can use these customized marks by putting these callouts on your template. Common callouts I use are $Jobid, $customer, $Job_Title. When using these, again, once placed on the template they are permenent. The text changes by what is entered in the respective areas of the "Preps>Job Notes" menu.

I also use the $comment callout, the text for this is entered in the print menu in the "comment" box at the top. If there is no text entered in the comment area it does not show up on the plate. I use this more for versioning, or to identify common plates of a job, as you enter the area at the time of "print" or writing of the plate it is readily a last minute changeable item.

To enter all of these above callouts on your template you can either use add static mark and use flat identifier text and then enter your coordinates as to where you want it on the plate,

or you can use add smart mark and use the text mark option, and then also enter your coordinates for where you want it to show up on your plate.

Hope this helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back