Preps 5 and nesting

appstro

I cannot seem to figure out how to nest files in preps 5. Anyone out there know how?

As a Rampage user I have found that the easiest way to do nesting if you do not use Pandora is to impose native PDFs in Preps. There is math involved in calculating the spacing but Preps allows you to overlap pages and since the background of PDfs are transparent it works quite well. The only caveat is you will want a newer box to rip the file on if you want it to happen quickly.

So do you then RIP the imposed pdf that you created in Preps?? Thats awesome! We impose pdf's all the time for our digital press but it hadn't occurred to me to do it for the sheetfed side of things :).

I know on previous versions of preps you could nest stuff but this version just doesnt work.

Thanks man :)

Nesting

Nesting

This came from the help index in Preps 5.3.3

For nested work, you overlap independent pages to fit images together. Nesting is often used for press sheets that are being finished with die-cutting.

In PostScript input files, all pages are defined as rectangles. By overlapping the pages, you can nest oddly shaped or rotated images, eliminating the wasted area between the edges of the image and the page border.

To take advantage of Preps nesting capabilities, the software that you use to generate the source file must support transparent backgrounds. In Preps Preview, you can make sure the imposed images are correctly positioned.

This came from the help index in Preps 5.3.3

For nested work, you overlap independent pages to fit images together. Nesting is often used for press sheets that are being finished with die-cutting.

In PostScript input files, all pages are defined as rectangles. By overlapping the pages, you can nest oddly shaped or rotated images, eliminating the wasted area between the edges of the image and the page border.

To take advantage of Preps nesting capabilities, the software that you use to generate the source file must support transparent backgrounds. In Preps Preview, you can make sure the imposed images are correctly positioned.

Yes I read that too, however it isnt working...

I noticed you are using Rampage, do you impose FPOs in Preps? Dont forget you have to click on Make Mask in the options and clip to Non white ripped data.

Should work.

AjR

I noticed you are using Rampage, do you impose FPOs in Preps? Dont forget you have to click on Make Mask in the options and clip to Non white ripped data.

Should work.

AjR

DUDE!!!! you just blew my mind!! Yes we do use FPO's Where's that at exactly? If this works I will be so grateful to you!!

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back