Preps 6 and Nexus

Sev

Will Preps 6 work with our Nexus workflow? We have a slightly older version of Nexus (8.4), and place the Nexus low-res Link EPS files into Preps (version 5) for imposition. My understanding is that Preps 6 will only accept PDF files.

-Sev

Preps 6 uses PDF's only. You might be able to create a PDF Link file from Nexus. But the real question is. Why do you want to Upgrade to Preps 6 and not upgrade to a PDF workflow?

I don't see where Sev says that he does not want to do a pdf workflow.

Al

I would love to upgrade to the Nexus PDF workflow, but I cant justify the cost as of yet. I have seen a demo of the Nexus total PDF workflow, and it looks very powerful.
To answer my own question, I found out that I can make low-res PDF link files by simply making a small change in the raster workflow so that it would make the PDF link files, instead of EPS link files.

-Sev

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back