Preps 6.xx

Has been successfully updated to version 6.0 of the first

Attachments

• 未命名.jpg
    未命名.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 210
I have Preps 6 installed on my Mac running OS 10.5.8. It crashes every time I try to print to a device, to a PS file, to a PDF or to Prinergy. Have sent the crash reports to Kodak about 10 days ago (through GUA forums, not official support request). Still waiting to hear back...

We just installed Prinergy 5.1 with Preps 6 and but will be using Preps 5 for now. Turns out it doesn't work yet with Signature Selection which is a pretty big deal. During our Preps 6 Webex there were even a few glitches that stumped the trainer. Its definitely a great upgrade but just not mature enough to release quite yet.

Last edited:
It crashes every time on output if you have templates with blank pages (1/2 or 3/4 web jobs) on them too.

It might be because I haven't learned Preps 6 but a lot of it still seems to be a step backward. Low res preview and no rulers in the preview to name a couple. And the old template editor was simpler as well. I suppose it will just take getting used to.

We just installed Prinergy 5.1 with Preps 6 and but will be using Preps 5 for now. Turns out it doesn't work yet with Signature Selection which is a pretty big deal. During our Preps 6 Webex there were even a few glitches that stumped the trainer. Its definitely a great upgrade but just not mature enough to release quite yet.

You mean your Prinergy Signature Selection tool isn't working? We use it all the time. What kind of problem are you having?

Hello everybody! I have a problem when use Preps 6.0. Please help me the way imposition web (2 web, 3 web or 4 web)
Example 3 web (view front):
File attrachments
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hello everybody! I have a problem when use Preps 6.0. Please help me the way imposition web (2 web, 3 web or 4 web)
Example 3 web (view front):
File attrachments
Thank you so much!

What is the finishing? May be my ignorance, (only have experience from sheet fed) but it looks like the numbering means you stack sheets BEFORE you fold them? Is that the way you want it? I would say fold a paper dummy number it and then unfold to find out numbering. We stil do that, and take it through all the departments to make sure that the job is producable.

I don't understand the question at all. Is it to do with numbering Preps templates?
By the way, Lukas, in web printing if you have two or three webs that is what happens. They "stack" or come together at the end of the web and then fold together, so the numbering is completely different from sheetfed. We still use folding dummies, but you have to put sheets together (depending on the number of webs) before folding and numbering.
Sorry if too off topic.

Hi member!
About sheetfed imposition is ok. My problems is web imposition! I don't the way imposition for 2 web or 3 web and more! I don't make page numbering for signature (Preps templates) as I wish. Please guide me the way imposition for 2 web, 3 web and more!
Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I do as Lukas suggested. Make a "folding dummy" (google it) using the same number of sheets of paper as you have webs. Mark the leading edge and fold the sheets as the press or folder would and mark the pages with numbers. When unfolded you will have which pages fall on which flat. Make your template in Preps and using the numbering tool.

Hi member!
About sheetfed imposition is ok. My problems is web imposition! I don't the way imposition for 2 web or 3 web and more! I don't make page numbering for signature (Preps templates) as I wish. Please guide me the way imposition for 2 web, 3 web and more!
Thanks so much!

Just thought I'd chime in and point out that our inpO2 Pro for Acrobat has very extensive and automatic template assembly for multiweb and partial web jobs. You start with a simple base template and just tell it how many pages and webs and it does all the numbering automatically from web-to-web. Plus, then you can take specific web sheets and make them partial webs and the rest will renumber. Saves a bunch of folding and figuring.

Michael Reiher
Dynagram

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back