Preps and Trueflow: Text mark colors all KO each other

Al Ferrari

The text from a Preps template text mark which prints on all separations is having the colors all knocking out from each other so that the content of $Job_ID, $Job_Name and such which will be exactly the same in all separations will disappear, but for $Color which differs for each separation has the letters from each color knocking out and breaking up the the other colors.

This is in a Preps 5.3.3 pdf to pdf job with the imposed pdf sent through Trueflow 5.x via a hot folder. It seems as though Trueflow is not honoring overprint for that text (if there's any from Preps). Is this a Preps or a Trueflow problem?

A Trueflow 3.x user, at another shop, was able to reproduce the problem by un-checking overprint in an input setting screen for the hot folder, but we are not getting that to work in Trueflow 5.x. I would think that would interfere with trapping if it did work, so there must be some other solution.

Has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions? This is with Preps 5.3.3 on a mac in one shop, with the imposed pdf processed in Trueflow 5.x at another shop for output to a CTP device. The fellow who reproduced the problem in Trueflow 3.x could see the problem in a post rip preview, so the particular CTP device is not at play here.

The operator at the shop with the Trueflow 5.x is new to Trueflow and does not use Preps, so he does not have the problem in his own work, but only on my Preps generated pdfs.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

I dont know anything about preps but can it not stagger the colour names instead of overlaying them? maybe its a Preps application preference.
You right in that if you change TF settings that it will affect the whole job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back