Preps Preferences

EZPower

Just instaled Preps 5.3.2. Under preferences in PDF Conversion it's set for Preps Internal converter. Adobe Acrobat is an option. Do I want to use Acrobat or default Preps Internal Converter.

We do not use JDF work flow. We still use FPO files we place into preps. We do not place PDF files into Preps ether.

Let me know if setting PDF Conversion to Acrobat makes a Difference.

If you don't place PDFs into Preps then it doesn't matter what you choose. It only comes into play if you create a mixed job (PS & PDF input) and then add PDFs to the job. At that point it converts to PostScript in the background.

Back when I used that kind of workflow, I used Preps internal converter without any problems.

Thanks. I had to re-install preps from 5.3.3 to 5.3.2. The newer version was acting funky. Stopped recognizing the usb key periodically.

I've heard about that as a solution to the dongle problem. Let us know if it works. Do you know if you are giving up any features by downgrading to 5.3.2?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back